What's New

Saturday, August 18, 2012

DAys in Glasgow..





Finally got our access card to the lab. We no need to wait for the supervisor everyday outside the reception. Everyone will be wondering why are these 6 Asians doing everyday sitting on the couch every morning! In Malaysia, we always look at Ang Moh like we never see them before. Now I know how the Ang Moh felt already.



This is the place I will be working for the rest of my days in Glasgow. It is very spacious compare to our lab back in IMU. Maybe because the people here is lesser and there are only phD students in their lab. What is good is that we have a specific place for us to do our work and we don't have to always shift our stuff when we need to go off. Hopefully everything will go on as planned and finish on time. *fingers cross*




Look what I have found outside our hostel!! Pink roses!! Very huge pink roses!! I have never seen such beautiful roses in my life! Can you imagine if the whole garden filled with all these gorgeous roses. That will be my dream for the perfect wedding deco. HA! 



The roses are half as big as my face! Pardon my messy hair! The wind was so strong! Once it was so strong it almost moved me when I was standing. Scaryyyyyyyy.... I shall eat more!! To avoid being blown away in Glasgow!




This is a typical weather of Glasgow.. Sprinkle rain, they called it. It is not like in Malaysia, they called it pouring rain. Glasgow has the worst weather in the UK. It can be sunny and raining at the same time or sunny in the morning, sprinkle in the afternoon and sunny again in the evening. So, it is always wise to bring a waterproof jacket or umbrella along whenever you are out. 



Herbal chicken soup with button mushroom. When you are far far away from home, that is when you will be forced to know how to cook. No matter how bad your cooking is, everything will turn out to be edible in the end! But fortunately, Janet brought a lot of packet soup and we just need to prepare the ingredients, then throw everything inside the pot, add in the packet herbs. Woahlaa!!! That is what you get! and it tasted good too! So nice to have a pot of hot nice soup in a weather like that. 


Ben & Jerry's Ice cream is quite famous here. I have never try that before so we bought one and have a try. It cost 1 pound more expensive than Haagen Dazz. Somehow this flavour still tasted okay to me. Not amazingly tasty. It tasted very milky though. Not so sweet compare to Haagen Dazz Belgium Chocolate. Will try other flavour when this one finish. 


Another view from my room during different time of the day. It is nice to stay high from the ground because you can just sit there and admire the breathtaking view from the room. During the night, you can see the city light shimmering from the windows, and I will be wondering what the city people still doing there? Partying? Chilling? haha I will never understand because I have curfew. Yes I have curfew and I have already used to it. I miss home actually and really hope to get back soon. I thought I can live alone far away from home but actually I'm not. Even I have friends with me but I still miss the company from close one. Maybe because too free I guess? If very busy, things might have different. 

Anyway, Selamat Hari Raya to all my Muslim Friends! Wish you all have a happy holiday and have a safe trip balik kampung! 

No comments:

Post a Comment