What's New

Monday, August 13, 2012

Edin-bera

Edinburgh, actually pronounced as Edin-bera. Interesting ei? First trip over to another city in Scotland. Edinburgh is almost the same as Glasgow. But the buildings are way more authentic and old. It really feels like we were at the set of Harry Potter's movie. 



The famous Scott Monument 


Bagpipe everywhere. With their famous kilt. According to a friend of mine, every surname have their own kilt and their kilt can be as expensive as up to few hundred pounds. 


They having this Fringe Festival which happen annually in August. So there are performances, small stalls and streets acts. It is really happening and we really got lucky! 


A view from the park. I wished the park in Malaysia is as beautiful.. 



Fake statue. Hugging a Japanese tourist. They are everywhere on the streets! If you throw a coin in the money box, they will become "alive". At least better than begging right? 



This is one of the crew of their musical, which I find is very creative. Fringe festival mainly showcase thousands of musical and play in Edinburgh. So if you are into art and music, you will definitely enjoy yourself here. 



Close up of the musical crew. Every musical or play have their own promoting act. They don't just pass out flyers but collaborate them with creative moves, dances, costumes or singing. 


This is another crew promoting their play and apparently they succeeded in attracting my friend's attention so we decided to watch their play. 


While waiting in line for the play. 


This is the place called Augustine United Church where we watched our musical "Armada". My first time ever watched a musical. Not bad but not impressive. I'm not sure whether is it really bored or I do not know how to admire the play. haha. Few "fishing" moments. Oppss... 



Opposite The Augustine United Church we accidentally found the cafe where famous J.K.Rowling first wrote Harry Potter! It was really fascinating for a Harry Potter fan like me. Not a die-hard fan but still I collected the full series of the novel. You will be wondering whether did we try out the coffee house right? Nope we dont. Sorry to disappoint Harry's fan out there but it is consider pricey to have a light meal for 9 to 10 pounds. Maybe it is considerably cheap for the locals but for me after conversion rate, it will be RM 50 for a sandwich. 


I took a photo of this elderly couple because you seldom see this in Malaysia. I found that is really sweet and loving scene because it makes me envious to see them just sitting there side by side watching the crowd. By that age, there is nothing more that could make you happy beside having a companion that you can share your everyday with. 


After exploring the streets of Edinburgh, we went up to Calton's Hill. I actually wanted to go up to the Arthur's seat which is quite impossible for everyone to have the same desire as me. I figured since we already here and the travelling fees is not consider cheap, why not just make full use of the 12 pound? But then again, you cant always get what you want and you need to follow the majority. Not everything need to goes like what you want. Maybe if I'm a guy, I will have licensed to be cool and do whatever I want. 


Dandelion!! So huge and pretty.. It is everywhere on the grass. Why is it the grass here so pweeettyyy??? 
Isn't she looks lovely with the scenery and dandelion? haha.. 


Lying on the grass and snapped a memory at Edinburgh before we left. Will miss Edin-bera. 

No comments:

Post a Comment